Viewing page 7 of 211
It looks like you're using a mobile device. We recommend using a physical keyboard for transcription entry.
[[preprinted]] War Department, Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands, Washington, ^[[August 11th]], 1865. Special Orders, } No. ^[[44.]] [[/preprinted]] (Extract.) II. So far as any jurisdiction of this Bureau extends over it, the property known as lots Nos. 308. and 309 in New Street, and lot No. 325 on Johnston Street, in New Berne, N. C. with the improvements thereon, is restored, with all rights and privileges, to [[underlined]] Charles [[Hoser? Slover?]], F. T. Jones; Alex. Miller, R. A. Taylor, E. Cuthbert, W. H. Bryan, J. N. Allen, M. Hollister, and George Allen, [[/underlined]] Trustees of the Presbyterian Church, New Berne. N. C. By order of Maj. Genl. A. O. Howard, Commissioner [[signature]] Saml L Taggart [[/signature]] Asst. Adjt. General.
Please note that the language and terminology used in this collection reflects the context and culture of the time of its creation, and may include culturally sensitive information. As an historical document, its contents may be at odds with contemporary views and terminology. The information within this collection does not reflect the views of the Smithsonian Institution, but is available in its original form to facilitate research. For questions or comments regarding sensitive content, access, and use related to this collection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.