Viewing page 64 of 260
It looks like you're using a mobile device. We recommend using a physical keyboard for transcription entry.
[[image - black and white photograph of Charles Humbert, M.D.]] [[caption]] Bro Charles Humbert, M D. [[/caption]] [[image - black and white photograph of E. Clayton Terry, M.D.]] [[caption]] Bro. E. Clayton Terry, M.D. [[/caption]] FRATER-IN-FACULTAS BROTHER WILLIAM C. McNEILL, M D. Deceased - 1964 History of the Chi Delta Mu Fraternity The Chi Delta Mu Fraternity was founded at Howard University in 1913, by students in the schools of medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. The objectives of the organization were to weld together men in the allied medical profession so that the common problems might be discussed and a solution sought to promote high ethical standards among its membership. The first meeting was presided over by E. Clayton Terry and Charles Humbert on January 30, 1913. Twenty-eight students, including Leon A. Reid, Sr. (Richmond, Virginia), attended this meeting and of this number several decided to meet at a later date to organize a fraternity, limited in membership to students and graduates in medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. The meeting for organization was held on February 6, 1913 with the cooperation and guidance of faculty brother, Dr. William C. McNeill. The name Chi Delta Mu was chosen at a special meeting held in February 11, 1913. The Washington Chapter was designated as Alpha Chapter. Although its membership is limited because of the qualifications, Chi Delta Mu grew with the organization of many chapters in various sections of the country. The first conclave was held on February 22, 23, 1922 in Washington, D.C., a Grand Chapter organized and officers elected. Since that time the fraternity has grown and now has seventeen active chapters on the Eastern Seaboard and in the midwest. CHI DELTA MU F[[text cut off]] Midwestern States Dental Associ[[text cut off]] Missouri Pan Medical Association Annual Joint Meeting ROSTER OF ELECTED OFFICERS FOR 1974 Grand President Kenneth S. Brown, R.Ph. 1548 N. Alden Street Phila., Pa. 19131 Grand Vice-President James Utley, M.D. 12 Tuscany St. Louis, Missouri Grand Secretary Lonnie W. Greene, D.D.S. 2026 E. Fourth Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21213 Grand Treasurer William C. Session, M.D. 800 Old Clairton Road Clairton, Pa. Grand Organizer Roy M. Taylor, D.D.S. 2 Herford Place Yeadon, Pa. Grand Custodian Lewis W. Jenkins, D.D.S. Grand Chaplain William H. Johnson, M.D. Grand Sergeant-At-Arms James Rucker, D.D.S. Grand Historian Alexander Bell, R.Ph. Grand Editor Stephen Taylor, R.Ph. 7616 Alaska Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20012 ELECTED OFFICERS ON EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE Edward McDaniels, D.D.S. 518 Bridgeview Road Baltimore, Maryland Walter C. Tutt, D.D.S. 4122 16th St., N.W. Washington, D.C. Eugene Byrd, D.D.S. 3324 Dolfield Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21212 62
Please note that the language and terminology used in this collection reflects the context and culture of the time of its creation, and may include culturally sensitive information. As an historical document, its contents may be at odds with contemporary views and terminology. The information within this collection does not reflect the views of the Smithsonian Institution, but is available in its original form to facilitate research. For questions or comments regarding sensitive content, access, and use related to this collection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.