Viewing page 8 of 17

his Trophy-flight attempt. [[strikethrough]] E.E. Jaquith of Chicago also operated his Curtiss flying boat at Atlantic City that season, carrying passengers and making charter flights. [[/strikethrough]]

During the winter months of 1915-1916 Kendrick and Mills moved their passenger-carrying business to Palm Beach, Florida. In 1916 Kendrick and Jaquith were again carrying passengers at Atlantic City and making moonlight trips on occasion. On August 21st Kendrick rescued a swimmer adrift at sea on an inflated inner tube, and as a result he and Jaquith were [[strikethrough]] engaged [[/strikethrough]] required to be on special call by the local Life Guard Service in case of [[strikethrough]] necessity. [[/strikethrough]] any investigation.

On August 31st Kendrick flew from Atlantic City to New York, carrying J.D. Davis, to attend a luncheon and business meeting of the Flying Yacht Club at 129th Street and Hudson River. That summer Kendrick and his resort passengers often engaged in the sport of shooting sharks from the air. On October 6th he became a member of the Aero Club of America. That fall he advertised that he would instruct a limited number of students during October and November, using his Curtiss boat at Atlantic City.

Following that he shipped back to Palm Beach, Florida for the winter, where again he carried passengers and advertised flight-instruction during January and February, 1917. In April Kendrick attempted to get Curtiss to establish an aeroplane factory at Atlantic City, but nothing came of this. He started his school and passenger work there again that spring, with Blaine Elkins assisting him in this for the season.

In 1918 Kendrick [[strikethrough]] again carried on [[/strikethrough]] continued these operations and flew at the Pan-American Aeronautic Exposition at Atlantic City February 16th to 23d. That year he gave special attention to Aerial Coast Patrol students. 

During the early spring of 1919 Kendrick obtained Army & Navy flying license No. 327, had formed the Kendrick-Jaquith Flying Company and established a hangar for flying operations. On May 1st he flew from Atlantic City to Newark, New Jersey in 1 hour, 45 minutes, then returned the next day. These flights were in connection with the second annual Pan-American Aeronautic Congress in session there that month.

Please note that the language and terminology used in this collection reflects the context and culture of the time of its creation, and may include culturally sensitive information. As an historical document, its contents may be at odds with contemporary views and terminology. The information within this collection does not reflect the views of the Smithsonian Institution, but is available in its original form to facilitate research. For questions or comments regarding sensitive content, access, and use related to this collection, please contact